This is a very popular dish made out of bottle gourd.
- Lauki(Bottle Gourd )- 100 grams
- Besan (Bengal gram lentil powder)- 1small bowl
- Ajwain(carom seeds) – 1/2 tsp
- Green coriander – 2 teaspoon(chopped)
- Red chili powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – for frying
- Tomato – 2 piece medium
- Ginger – 1 inch julienne
- Green chili – 1piece
- Asafoetida – 1/4 teaspoon
- cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Whole Red chilli – 1 piece
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder -1/4 teaspoon
- Kasuri Methi(dried fenugreek leaves) – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 to3 teaspoon
- Water – 2 to 3 cups
- Green coriander – 2 to 3 teaspoon for garnishing
- Chat masala – ½ teaspoon
- Peel and grate Lauki.
- After being grated it turns a little watery .
- Add besan, carom seeds ,red chili powder, green coriander chopped and salt.
- Do not add water .
- Check taste and put small portions into oil for deep frying.
- Keep the fried fritters of Lauki aside in a bowl.
- Koftas are ready.
- Make a paste of tomato, ginger and green chili keep aside.
- Take a kadai put oil and temper with asafetida, cumin seeds and whole red chili.
- Add tomato, ginger and chili paste.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chili powder.
- Cook again for few more minutes.
- Let the oil seep out.
- Add Kasuri methi.
- Add water and salt to taste.
As the mixture boils add Koftas to it.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and chat masala.
- Lauki ke kofte ki curry is ready.
- The taste of the Koftas is so good that there is no need to add garam masala.
- The flavor comes out well in its simplicity.
Lauki Ke Kofte is to be eaten with Rotis, Paranthas or Rice.
- Cheese & Salad Roti Tackos Recipe
- Papri Chaat Recipe
- Peri Peri French fries with Cashew and Hummus Dip Recipe
- Biscuit Custard Pudding Recipe
- Kathal ke Pakode Recipe