This is a popular Main Course recipe in North India.
- Sabut Urad Daal(Black Gram) – 100 grams
- Rajma or kidney beans – 10 grams
- Onion – 1piece
- Tomato – 1 piece
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Garam Masala Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Chat Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Butter – 1 inch cube
- Green coriander – 2 teaspoon chopped
- Hing (asafetida) – 1/4 teaspoon
- Zeera (cumin seeds) – ¼ teaspoon
- Red Chili – 1 piece
- Oil or ghee for tempering
- Fresh cream – 2 teaspoon
- Soak Daal and rajma for about 3-4 hours(or overnight).
- Boil it in a cooker for 8-10 whistles.
- Make a paste of onion, tomato, ginger and garlic in mixer.
- Keep it aside.
- Take a kadai and temper with asafetida, cumin seeds, whole red chilli.
- Add tomato, onion, ginger and garlic paste .Sauté well.
- To this mixture add fresh cream .
- Pour the boiled daal and rajma mixture to kadhai.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Then add garam masala and chat masala powder over it.
- The daal for better taste needs to be cooked over flame for little more time so that it thickens which adds to its taste and flavour.
- Serve after garnishing with green coriander and butter cube.
Serve Daal Makhni with Roti, Parantha or rice.
- Cheese & Salad Roti Tackos Recipe
- Papri Chaat Recipe
- Peri Peri French fries with Cashew and Hummus Dip Recipe
- Biscuit Custard Pudding Recipe
- Kathal ke Pakode Recipe