Matar Makhane is a very simple and special dish that comes out real tasty. It is a low calorie dish that is healthy and nutritious. The charm of this dish is its simplicity.
- Green peas – 50 grams ( boiled )
- Makhane ( lotus seeds ) – 50 grams
- Ghee – 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chili whole – 1 piece
- Coriander powder – 1 to 2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder -1/2 teaspoon
- Tomatoes – 2 piece ( pureed )
- Ginger – 1 inch ( in the tomato puree)
- Boil green peas in a small bowl.
- Take a Kadhai and add ghee to it.
- Fry makhane (lotus seeds) till they become crispy. Keep aside.
- Add ghee to the kadhai.
- Temper with hing, zeera sabut and Lal mirch sabhut.
- Add coriander powder, lal mirch powder, haldi powder.
- Add tomato, ginger pureed in a mixer.
- Cook till the ghee seeps out of the the mixture.
- Add boiled peas and fried Makhane to the mixture.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add green coriander to garnish.
- Adjust the salt.
- Good to eat with rotis or parantha.
Makhane or lotus seeds is very healthy and nutritious food item.
- Cheese & Salad Roti Tackos Recipe
- Papri Chaat Recipe
- Peri Peri French fries with Cashew and Hummus Dip Recipe
- Biscuit Custard Pudding Recipe
- Kathal ke Pakode Recipe