Matar Paneer or Cottage Cheese in peas is a very popular dish in North India that is nutritious and easy to make. It has high protein and fiber content.
- Cottage cheese – 250 grams
- Peas – 100 grams
- Tomato – 2 piece
- Ginger – 1 inch Julien
- Green chili – 1 piece
- Asafetida – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Whole red chili -1 piece
- Coriander powder – 1 to 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Chat masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ghee – 1/2 teaspoon
- Milk or fresh cream – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Boil peas 5-10 minutes in open vessel and keep aside.
- Cut paneer into small cubes.
- Put them in a kadhai and sauté it with Ghee, chat masala, salt and red chili powder for 2-3 minutes till it becomes soft and put aside.
- Chop tomatoes, green chili and ginger or make a paste of them.
- Now take a kadhai and temper with asafetida, cumin seed and whole red chili.
- Add the tomato green chili, ginger paste to it. Cook for 5-10 minutes till oil seeps out of the mixture.
- Add masala coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chili powder.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- To this mixture add fresh cream or milk.
- Cook few more minutes and add boiled peas and paneer cubes.
- Mix well and add water as required according to the consistency you require.
- Adjust salt and sprinkle chat masala and Garam Masala .
- Garnish with chopped green coriander.
Serve Matar Paneer hot with Roti, Parantha, Puri or rice. You can add onion and garlic to the recipe.
- Cheese & Salad Roti Tackos Recipe
- Papri Chaat Recipe
- Peri Peri French fries with Cashew and Hummus Dip Recipe
- Biscuit Custard Pudding Recipe
- Kathal ke Pakode Recipe