Vegetable Poha or Chivra Polav is a very simple and tasty dish that is famous in India as healthy breakfast.
- Poha ( pressed rice ) – 100 grams
- Potato – 1 piece
- Carrot – 1 piece
- Cauliflower – 3 to 4 Florets
- Peas – 1 bowl
- Capsicum – 1 piece
- Asafetida – ¼ teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon (mustard seeds and curry leaves are used for South Indian Style Poha)
- Whole red chili – 1 piece
- Salt – To taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil – 3 to 4 teaspoon
- Take oil in a kadhai and temper with asafetida, cumin seeds and red chili whole.
- Add vegetables chopped and fry them till they are well cooked .
- Take poha in a bowl and add water to soak it.
- Remove poha immediately after soaking and spread evenly in a dry plate.
- Transfer the soaked poha to the kadhai on the fried vegetable mixture.
- Mix well after adding salt, turmeric powder and lal mirch powder.
- Serve Vegetable Poha or Chivra Polav hot.
- To increase flavor you can add 1 pc lemon juice and black pepper powder about 1/4 tsp.
- My mother adds 2 teaspoon butter or ghee to add taste and remove dryness of the poha.
Recipe Credit My Mom & Ruchi Shankhdhar
- Cheese & Salad Roti Tackos Recipe
- Papri Chaat Recipe
- Peri Peri French fries with Cashew and Hummus Dip Recipe
- Biscuit Custard Pudding Recipe
- Kathal ke Pakode Recipe