Millet khichdi is a healthy and tasty dish that is really easy to prepare and can be served as a breakfast or lunch option.
- Millet – 1 small bowl ( soaked 1 hr)
- Moong daal Yellow – 1 small bowl ( soaked 1 hr)
- Onion – 1 piece (chopped)
- Tomato – 1 piece (chopped)
- Carrot – 1 medium piece (chopped)
- Capsicum – 1 piece (chopped)
- Ginger – 1 Inch ( julienne)
- Garlic pods – 4 to 5 (chopped)
- Green chilli – 1 piece (chopped)
- Green coriander leaves – 1 teaspoon (chopped)
- Curry leaves – 6 to 8 pieces
- Asafoetida – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Peanuts – 10 pieces
- Ghee /oil – 5 ml
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Whole Red chilli – 1 piece
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Take pressure cooker and add oil.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida and whole Red chilli.
- Let the seeds splutter.
- Now add curry leaves followed by ginger, garlic, onion, tomato, capsicum, carrot. Add salt.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
Add soaked moong daal and millet.
- Cook for 3 minutes more.
- Use the water used for soaking millet and daal about 2 cups.
- Put more water to ensure that the khichdi is not dry .
- Pour it into the mixture.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Adjust the salt.
- Let it cook for about 5 whistles.
Your khichdi is ready.
Roast peanuts in a pan with ghee or oil and pour it over the cooked khichdi.
Garnish the Millet Moong Daal Khichdi with green coriander leaves while serving.
- Sev Khamani Recipe
- Lemon Rice Recipe
- Nariyal ki Katli ( Janmashtami Special) Recipe
- Millet Moong Daal Khichdi Recipe
- Dahi Aloo Recipe