Nariyal Ki Katli is a traditional Sweet dish from Uttar Pradesh prepared mostly during Janmashtami Festival.
- Total Cook Time – 60 Minutes
- Prep time – 20 minutes
- Cook Time – 20 minutes
- Recipe Servings – 4
- Type – medium
- Coconut – 1 small piece (grated)
- Water – 1 bowl
- Sugar – 1 bowl
- Cardamom powder – 1 teaspoon
- Dry fruits – 1 bowl (cashews, almonds and raisins put together)
- Ghee – 2 ml(for greasing the plate )
- Take a kadhai and add water. Then add the sugar and let the solution come to boil. Next add cardamom powder.
- Cook the mixture till the solution becomes thick enough to give one string consistency.
- Add grated coconut and dry fruits to the mixture.
- Switch off the flame and mix everything well together.
- Spread the mixture quickly on a greased plate.
- Flatten it with a spatula or palms.
- Make barfi sized deep markings on the surface with the help of knife.
- Let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- The mixture hardens and can be cut into pieces like barfi.
Your Nariyal Ki Katli is ready.
You can store the Nariyal ki Katli in airtight container for 3-4 days.
- Sev Khamani Recipe
- Lemon Rice Recipe
- Nariyal ki Katli ( Janmashtami Special) Recipe
- Millet Moong Daal Khichdi Recipe
- Dahi Aloo Recipe