Lemon Rice is a healthy and tasty dish that is very popular in South India. It is really easy to make snack or breakfast option.
- Total Cook Time – 20 minutes
- Prep time -5 minutes
- Cook time -5 minutes
- Recipe Serving – 2
- Type – Easy
- Cooked Rice – 1 small bowl
- Mustard seeds -1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida -1/4 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 5 to 8 pieces
- Urad Dhuli Daal – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chana dal – 1/2 teaspoon
- Whole Red chilli – 1 piece
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder -1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice -2 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Peanuts – 10 pieces (roasted in oil)
- Oil – 5ml
- Take a kadhai and add oil.
- Now roast the peanuts and keep aside in a small bowl.
- Next add mustard seeds, curry leaves, Urad daal, Chana daal, Whole Red chilli and cook till the spluttering sound stops.
- Followed by this add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- To this add the bowl of cooked rice and mix all ingredients together nicely for two three minutes.
Switch off the burner.
- Finally add lemon juice and roasted peanuts and mix again together the entire lot.
Serve healthy and tasty Lemon rice hot after dressing with chopped green coriander and grated coconut. These are optional. Tastes excellent even without them.
- Sev Khamani Recipe
- Lemon Rice Recipe
- Nariyal ki Katli ( Janmashtami Special) Recipe
- Millet Moong Daal Khichdi Recipe
- Dahi Aloo Recipe