Sev Khamani is a healthy snack or breakfast option which can made very easily and comes out really tasty. It is a Gujarati Dish that is healthy and tasty.
- Total Cooking time -30 minutes
- Prep time -10 minutes
- Servings – 4
- Rating – Easy
Simple and easily available ingredients is required for Sev Khamani.
For Dhokla preparation
- Besan – 100 grams
- Baking soda – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Ginger paste – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 10 pieces
- Asafoetida – 1/4 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Till – 1 teaspoon
- Green chilli – 1 piece
- Water – 2 cups
- Oil -2ml
- Sev – 5 teaspoon
- Coconut – 1 teaspoon ( shredded)
- Coriander leaves – 1 teaspoon (chopped)
- Take a bowl and add besan, salt, sugar, baking soda, ginger paste, garlic paste and water.
- Make a fine paste.
- Now grease a plate and put the mixture for steaming 10-15 minutes.
- Take out the prepared dhokla and let it cool down. Then put it in a plate and shred it into small portions. Now keep it aside.
- Next take a kadhai and add oil. Followed by Asafoetida, mustard seeds, till, cut green chilli, sugar, curry leaves , turmeric powder and after 2-3 minutes add water.
- Cook till the water starts boiling.
- Then add the shredded dhokla to the water. Mix them well.
- Finally switch off the flame and add lemon juice.
Serve after spreading Sev Khamani and garnishing it with chopped coriander leaves and shredded coconut.
Sev Khamani is now ready to eat.
Steamer for making Dhoklas are available at the link below :
- Cheese & Salad Roti Tackos Recipe
- Papri Chaat Recipe
- Peri Peri French fries with Cashew and Hummus Dip Recipe
- Biscuit Custard Pudding Recipe
- Kathal ke Pakode Recipe