This is a special dish that is a vegetarian version of the popular Indian dish Biryani.
- Paneer – 400 grams (cut into large cubes )
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Turmeric powder -1.5 teaspoon
- Salt – 2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder -2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder -. 2 teaspoon
- Tomato puree – 3 pieces
- Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 3-4 teaspoon
- Bay leaves – 1 piece
- Cinnamon – 2 inch piece
- Onion – 2 pieces(grated)
- Ginger paste -2 teaspoon
- Garlic paste – 2 teaspoon
- Rice – 200 grams ( partially cooked)
- Ghee – 5 teaspoon
- Onion – 1 piece ( sliced and fried in ghee)
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Saffron milk – 1/2 tablespoon
- Green coriander – 1 tablespoon
- Take the Paneer cubes and fry them in oil till they turn light brown in colour.
- Now soak the paneer cubes in water mixed with turmeric powder and salt for about 15 minutes for marination.
- Now take a kadhai and add oil.
- Add bay leaves, cinnamon, onion and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Over this add ginger and garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder and tomato puree.
- Cook till the oil seeps out in the mixture.
- Over it add salt, garam masala and marinated paneer after draining excess water.
- Add water to make the mixture almost dry curry like mixture.
- Take a large open vessel.
- Add ghee and 1/3 portion of cooked rice.
- Over it add 1/3 portion of fried onions, cardamom powder,1/3 saffron milk,1/3 portion of paneer.
Repeat the same three times.
- On the top layer add chopped green coriander dressing.
- Cover the vessel and cook for 10 minutes.
- Topple the whole mixture around.
Serve Paneer Biryani hot with garlic Raita, Papad and Salad.
- Cheese & Salad Roti Tackos Recipe
- Papri Chaat Recipe
- Peri Peri French fries with Cashew and Hummus Dip Recipe
- Biscuit Custard Pudding Recipe
- Kathal ke Pakode Recipe