Aloo Cheela is a easy to make tasty snack or breakfast option.
- Potato – 4 pieces ( peeled, grated, washed)
- Onion – 1 piece (chopped)
- All purpose flour(maida) – 3 tablespoon
- Gram flour (besan)- 3 tablespoon
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Green chili – 2 chopped
- Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Oil – for shallow frying
- Take the peeled potato and grate it.
- Wash it well and drain.
- Spread the potato in a big plate.
- Keep it aside.
- Take a big bowl.
- To it add all purpose flour ,gram flour and water.
- Mix well to make a smooth paste.
- To the paste add green chili, cumin powder, red chili powder, black pepper powder and salt.
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Take the grated potato in another bowl and add onion to it.
- Mix them well together.
- Now add the paste to this potato mixture again.
- Mix them well again.
- Take a tawa add little oil to it.
- Put a spoonful of mixture and spread over the tawa so that the cheela becomes thin enough to be cooled nicely on both sides.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Put little oil on surface and turn around the cheela carefully.
- Cook the other side for 2 – 3 minutes covered as well.
Serve Aloo Cheela hot with chutney or sauce.
This is a very easy dish and tasty too .I call it India’s answer to Hash Brown.
- Cheese & Salad Roti Tackos Recipe
- Papri Chaat Recipe
- Peri Peri French fries with Cashew and Hummus Dip Recipe
- Biscuit Custard Pudding Recipe
- Kathal ke Pakode Recipe