Bengali Khichudi is a popular dish in Eastern India and it is very easy to make and tasty too.Itis usually served with fried brinjal slices called Begun Bhaja.
- Rice – 100 grams
- Yellow Split Moong Daal – 100 grams
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Whole Red chili – 1 piece
- Asafoetida – 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Ginger – 1 inch (julienne or paste)
- Mustard oil – 5 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Sugar – 1/2 teaspoon(for Begun Bhaja)
- Water – 1 and half glass
- Ghee -2 teaspoon
- Sabut Garam Masala – 1green cardamom,1cinnamom stick, 2-3 cloves
- Brinjal – 1 piece (medium ) for Begun Bhaja
- Soak the Rice and Daal dry mixture in water for at least 20 minutes before cooking.
- Take a cooker and add oil. Temper with asafoetida, cumin seeds ,Whole Red chili and ginger julienne.
- To this add rice and daal soaked mixture, turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt and cook it dry for 2-3 minutes till aroma of the cooked daal comes out from the cooker.
- Add water and mix the ingredients properly.
- Let it come to boil after some time.
- Check the salt and lock the lid of the cooker.
- Wait for 1-2 whistles and khichdi is done.
- Serve kichudi with melted Ghee.
- Bengali Khichdi is served with Begun bhaja(fried) or Aloo bhaja.
- For Begun Bhaja cut Brinjal into thick lateral slices and marinate for 10 minutes with turmeric powder,salt and sugar.Shallow fry both sides to perfection with Mustard oil in a pan or kadhai.
- Cheese & Salad Roti Tackos Recipe
- Papri Chaat Recipe
- Peri Peri French fries with Cashew and Hummus Dip Recipe
- Biscuit Custard Pudding Recipe
- Kathal ke Pakode Recipe