It is a very popular dish in North India and very tasty dish too.
- Chole or Chickpeas – 100 grams (soaked overnight and boiled)
- Asafetida – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Whole red Chilli – 1 piece
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red Chilli powder -1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Tomato – 2 pieces
- Onion – 2 pieces
- Garlic – 5 to 6 cloves
- Ginger – 1 teaspoon julien
- Chole masala – 3-4 teaspoon
- Kasuri methi – 1/4 teaspoon
- All purpose flour – 100 grams
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Sugar – 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda -1 teaspoon
- Take oil in kadhai.
- Temper with asafetida, cumin seeds and whole red Chilli .
- To this add coriander powder,red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Cook well and add paste of tomato, onion, ginger and garlic.
- Cook till oil seeps out and add chole masala.
- Cook for 5 minutes and add boiled chickpeas and the water that you added for boiling.
- Let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Add chat masala and green coriander over it.
- If chole looks big and uncooked smash them with kacchli if required.
- Knead the flour with all ingredients and water.
- Knead thoroughly and keep aside for at least half an hour for the Bhature to come out well.
Make small dumplings like puri.
- Make them in the size bigger than puris and deep fry them in oil.
Serve hot with chole.
- Serve Chole Bhature hot with Salad and Raita.
- Cheese & Salad Roti Tackos Recipe
- Papri Chaat Recipe
- Peri Peri French fries with Cashew and Hummus Dip Recipe
- Biscuit Custard Pudding Recipe
- Kathal ke Pakode Recipe