This is a healthy and tasty dish.
- Spinach – 100 grams (chopped and cleaned)
- Chickpeas – 100 grams (soaked and boiled)
- Tomato – 1 piece medium
- Onion – 1 piece medium
- Ginger – 1 inch Julian
- Garlic – 2 cloves medium
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Asafetida – 1/4 teaspoon
- Red Chili – 1 piece
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Chole masala – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 2 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Make a paste of tomato, onion, ginger and garlic.
- Take a kadai and add oil. Temper with asafetida, cumin seeds ,red chili.
- To this add the tomato paste.
- Cook the mixture for a while till oil seeps out.
- Add all masalas coriander, turmeric, red chili powder and chole masala.
- Cook the masalas well.
- This is what gives flavor to the dish.
- To this add chopped and washed spinach.
- Cover and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes. Add salt to the mixture.
- The spinach reduces in size.
- Turn the mixture around.
- Let the tomato mixture and spinach mix well.
- To this add boiled chickpeas.
- Crush the chickpeas a little so that the taste mixes well with spinach.
- Cook this mixture after covering for 5 – 7 minutes more.
- Add water if required according to the consistency you require.
Chole Palak can be taken with Rotis, Paranthas or Rice.
- Cheese & Salad Roti Tackos Recipe
- Papri Chaat Recipe
- Peri Peri French fries with Cashew and Hummus Dip Recipe
- Biscuit Custard Pudding Recipe
- Kathal ke Pakode Recipe