Hare Chane ki Sabzi is a tasty and healthy dish that has a high content of nutrients good for health.
- Hare chane(Green chickpeas) -200 grams
- Onion – 1 piece ( medium /chopped)
- Tomato – 1 piece (medium /chopped)
- Garlic – 2 cloves ( finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (Julienne)
- Green coriander – 1 teaspoon (chopped)
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida – 1/4 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds -1/4 teaspoon
- Bay leaves – 1 piece
- Cloves – 2 pieces
- Black pepper – 6 pieces
- Red chili whole – 1 piece
- Mustard oil – 5 ml
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Kasuri Methi – 1/4 teaspoon(crushed)
- Take a kadhai and add oil.
- Temper with cumin seeds, asafoetida, mustard seeds, Bay leaves, cloves, black pepper and whole red chili.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- To the mixture above add garlic, ginger, onion and tomato pieces.
- Cover and cook for few minutes till the onion turns translucent and tomatoes turn soggy.
- Now add all masalas – coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and Kasuri Methi.
- Next add Hare Chane to the mixture.
- Cover and cook for few minutes.
- Then add 1 cup water to the mixture.
- Cover the mixture and cook till the Hare Chane changes colour.
(The mixture should be not too thick nor thin)
- Adjust the water content accordingly.
(You can add boiled mashed potatoes to increase the thickness of the curry).
- But it needs to be cooked properly along with the masalas before Hare Chane is added.
- Garnish Hare Chane ki Sabzi with chopped green coriander.
Serve hot with Roti, parantha or rice.
- Cheese & Salad Roti Tackos Recipe
- Papri Chaat Recipe
- Peri Peri French fries with Cashew and Hummus Dip Recipe
- Biscuit Custard Pudding Recipe
- Kathal ke Pakode Recipe