Masoor Daal Chaat is a healthy option for snaking and main course that can be made easily and is wonderful for the taste buds.
- Masoor Daal – 100 gm
- Asafoetida -1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds -1/2 teaspoon
- Whole Red chilli – 1 piece
- Turmeric Powder -1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Garlic – 4 pieces (chopped)
- Onion – 2 pieces (chopped)
- Tomato -2 pieces (chopped)
- Cucumber – 1 piece (chopped)
- Coriander leaves – 2 teaspoon (chopped)
- Papad -2 pieces (Deep fried/crumbled)
- Lemon juice -2 teaspoon
- Chaat masala – 1 teaspoon
- Water – 1 cup
- Green coriander chutney – 5 teaspoon
- Salt- To taste
- Oil – 5ml
- Boil the Masoor Daal with water, turmeric powder and salt in a Cooker with one whistle.
- Temper the boiled Daal with asafoetida , cumin seeds and whole red chilli. Only half of the onion and tomatoes should be used for tempering the Daal. Rest will be used for dressing.
- Put garlic, onion and tomatoes to the mixture.
- Add the boiled Daal when the tomatoes turn soft.
Now lake a serving plate.
- Add the cooked Daal and dress it with onion, tomato, cucumber, Chaat Masala, Papad, coriander leaves and Green chutney.
Serve Masoor Daal Chaat hot as snack. Taste should be sour and spicy for better results.
- Cheese & Salad Roti Tackos Recipe
- Papri Chaat Recipe
- Peri Peri French fries with Cashew and Hummus Dip Recipe
- Biscuit Custard Pudding Recipe
- Kathal ke Pakode Recipe