Tomato and onion Uttapam is a healthy and tasty breakfast and snack option that is very popular in South India.
- Suji – 50 grams(1bowl)
- Curd – 20 grams
- Onion – 1 piece (medium chopped)
- Tomato – 1 piece ( medium chopped)
- Ginger – 1inch (Julien)
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Water – 100 ml
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – for shallow frying Uttapam
- Put the Suji in a large bowl and mix it evenly with curd with the help of a spoon.
- Now add little water to it so that a smooth paste is formed.
- To this add ginger and mix well.
- Over it add salt and let the mixture rest for 20 minutes.
- Take a non stick tawa and add one teaspoon of oil over it.
- Spread the mustard seeds on the oil and let it splutter.
- Over this add the mixture that has been prepared earlier.
- In case it looks thick adjust water and salt content for a smooth paste like dosa.
- Spread the mixture with the help of a big spoon.
- Now spread the pieces of chopped onion and Tomato over the spread mixture.
- Cover and cook in low flame for few minutes.
- Now turn it over and cover and cook for few minutes again.
Serve the Tomato and Onion Uttapam with Coconut Chutney or Tomato Sauce.
Excellent healthy and tasty breakfast option.
- Cheese & Salad Roti Tackos Recipe
- Papri Chaat Recipe
- Peri Peri French fries with Cashew and Hummus Dip Recipe
- Biscuit Custard Pudding Recipe
- Kathal ke Pakode Recipe