Very popular snacking dish in North India.
- Bengal Gram(Chana daal) – 1 bowl soaked overnight
- Wheat flour(atta) – 2 bowls
- Mustard oil -2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida -1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Green chili – 1 piece
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Onion – 1 piece chopped
- Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Water – for boiling
- Make a course paste of chana daal with green chili, cumin seeds, garlic and ginger with salt.
- Cook the paste in mustard oil tempering with asafetida, cumin seeds , chopped onion, cumin powder and coriander powder.
- Cook till it becomes light brown.
- Keep aside.
- Make dough of flour with water.
- Make roti out of dough and cut into small circles with the help of a bowl or glass.
- Fill these with the chana daal filling and seal them.
- Put these in a kadai and fill it with water so that they just sink in water.
- Do not take quantity of as water more or less.
- Not more because they might break while boiling not less so that they do not stick to the surface of the kadai.
- Bring it to boil and cook them covered for 3-4 minutes.
- Bring them out of water and keep them on plate so that they dry up.
- Cut them into three to four pieces.
- Temper the pieces in oil, cumin seeds, asafetida and green chili.
- Garnish with green coriander.
- Adjust salt if required.
Serve Phare hot with Green Chutney.
Recipe Credit Sarika Pushpendra
- Cheese & Salad Roti Tackos Recipe
- Papri Chaat Recipe
- Peri Peri French fries with Cashew and Hummus Dip Recipe
- Biscuit Custard Pudding Recipe
- Kathal ke Pakode Recipe