Pithe is a popular Bengali Sweet Dish made out of jaggery and coconut that is really tasty.
- Coconut – 1 medium size (grated)
- Jaggery – 50 grams( more or less as per taste)
- Cardamom powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cashew – 2 teaspoon ( grated)
- Raisins – 2 teaspoon
- Multipurpose flour – 50 grams
- Sugar – 2 teaspoon
- Semolina – 1 teaspoon
- Water – 1 cup
- Oil – for shallow frying
- Take a kadhai and add grated coconut.
- Cook it for a 1-2 minutes and add Jaggery.
- Keep cooking it till the Jaggery melts and a semi solid mixture is formed.
- Add cardamom powder ,cashew and raisins.
Remove from flame and keep aside for cooling.
- Take a large bowl and add multipurpose flour, semolina, sugar and water to make a smooth paste not too thick or thin.
- Take a non stick tawa and add oil to it.
- To this add the spoon full of the mixture.
- Spread it with the help of the flat ladle to make it thin.
- Cook both sides.
- Take a spoonful of filling and spread it across the pithe towards the center.
- Fold from both ends and serve the Pithe hot.
- Cheese & Salad Roti Tackos Recipe
- Papri Chaat Recipe
- Peri Peri French fries with Cashew and Hummus Dip Recipe
- Biscuit Custard Pudding Recipe
- Kathal ke Pakode Recipe