Tehri is a popular Rice Dish of North India. A close relation to Polao.
- Rice – 100 grams ( Basmati preferred -soaked for 20 minutes)
- Onion – 1 piece (chopped)
- Tomato – 1 piece (chopped)
- Potato – 1 piece ( cut into cubes)
- Soyabean badi – 1 cup ( boiled and partially fried in oil)(optional)
- Paneer Cubes – 1 bowl(shallow fried in little oil)(optional)
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafetida – 1/4 teaspoon
- Whole Red Chili – 1 piece
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam Masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil -5 teaspoon ( mustard oil preferably)
- Water – 3 cups
- Take a cooker and put oil for cooking.
- Add asafetida ,cumin seeds and whole Red chili.
- To this add onion and cook till the colour changes.
- Add potato followed by tomato and cooked soya badi.
- Over this add red chili powder,turmeric powder and salt.
- Cook the mixture for 5-7 minutes and then add water.
- Adjust salt and close the cooker lid.
- Two whistles and your Tehri is ready.
Serve hot with chutney, papad and salad.
A wholesome meal that is easy to make.
- Cheese & Salad Roti Tackos Recipe
- Papri Chaat Recipe
- Peri Peri French fries with Cashew and Hummus Dip Recipe
- Biscuit Custard Pudding Recipe
- Kathal ke Pakode Recipe